Fakenham fish and chip shop say farewell to fifteen years of fancy dress fundraising
- Credit: Archant
A fish and chip shop in Fakenham have got into costume for Children in Need for the final time.
Staff at Drifters Fish and Chips have been fundraising for the BBC charity for the past 15 years.
And their ambitious costumes have ranged from Alice in Wonderland and St Trinians, to Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
Staff will serve up cod and chips dressed as 'mums and babies' from November 16-18.
Jonanthan and Mark Hollings, and Andrew Felton, have managed the fish and chip shop for six years.
You may also want to watch:
They have also fund-raised for local causes, as well as charity Stand Up To Cancer.
Jonathan Hollings said: 'We love doing it and we've raised a lot of money over the 15 years.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
'But its got more elaborate as time has gone by. Next year we're thinking of doing a raffle and bingo instead.'
The shop raise around £1,000 for Children in Need each year. Their highest total was £3,000.