Fakenham Christmas Tree Festival starts today
- Credit: Ian Burt
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in Fakenham and anyone who visits the parish church over the next week won't fail to feel festive.
The annual Christmas Tree Festival starts there today and this year 54 charities and organisations have decorated trees on the pews, up the aisle and into the chancel.
There are decorations and lights of every colour, from the blue of the Wells RNLI to the green of Ellie's Love. There are even knitted hat decorations from the knitting group, horses for North Norfolk Riding for the Disabled and pompom owls for the Hawk and Owl Trust.
All the trees have again been donated by Fakenham Garden Centre.
It also includes six prayer trees for people to remember lost loved ones. The prayers are offered at a special service in January.
You may also want to watch:
A Christmas bazaar will be selling a wide range of Christmas goods along with refreshments, a tombola and a raffle.
Fakenham's 16th Christmas Tree Festival starts today
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
and runs until Thursday, December 8 between 10am and 8pm daily (12pm to 8pm on Sunday).
Entrance is free, but bring a bag of coins to place at the charity trees of your choice.