Fakenham charity comes to Dereham with new outreach scheme
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer-run charity is expanding beyond Fakenham with a new outreach scheme to promote health and wellbeing to residents in Dereham.
First Focus has begun holding meetings at Dereham library, giving people the chance to drop by and speak to qualified professionals about issues such as depression and mental health.
The sessions run every Friday between 10am and 2pm and they are open to anyone who wishes to make a booking.
Over the last 15 years the charity has supported thousands of people in Fakenham and provided a social centre for people who feel isolated by providing professional advice on numerous issues.
When the group was established, it had 350 people using its services but that number has expanded to now reach almost 4,000 people each year.
You may also want to watch:
To book, phone 07415 741921 or 01328 855083.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old