Fakenham brought to life by circus themed fair
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Fakenham market was bursting with life as more than 1,000 people attended the annual fair.
For the first time, the fair was held in the market place, on Saturday.
Organisers said the good weather was thought to be the reason behind the rush of visitors - after years plagued by showers.
There was an array of stalls and local businesses, musical performances and even fire breathing displays.
This year's event was circus themed and lots of local people embraced the idea, dressing up as clowns and other circus-inspired characters.
Fried Pirates and Anto Morra entertained crowds with lively folk music. And there was face painting, fair rides and games for children to enjoy.
Beginning at 2pm and running until 6pm, the afternoon of family fun was organised by Kick Start Fakenham.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 6 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 7 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 8 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 9 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 10 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
Julia Sandford-Cooke, a member of Kick Start Fakenham, said: 'Holding it in the centre of town has been great, there was the farmers market in the morning and I think that really helped to bring it to life.
'There have been so many highlights today with the music, circus tricks and taster archery sessions run by the Fakenham Bow Men.
'We also have stalls from Sue Ryder and Cystic Fibrosis. It has been really good and a lovely atmosphere and this year it hasn't rained which is a miracle.'