Fakenham Beer Festival kicks off tonight
- Credit: Archant
The festival gets under way at 7pm and runs until 2pm on Sunday.
More than 20 real ales and ciders will be on offer at the Community Centre, off Oak Street, along with the event's first cocktail bar by Fakenham-based Black Shuck Gin.
Setting up this afternoon Glen Mallett, one of the organisers, said most of the ales were locally-brewed.
Highlights include two offerings from Jo C's Norfolk Ales, from nearby West Barsham, Big Nose Kate from the Tombstone Bewery, at Great Yarmouth, Woodforde's Norfolk Nog and even a lemon and ginger ale.
'There's a few more beers than last year,' said Mr Mallett eying up the rack of barrels. 'I want to try the lemon and ginger one.'
Last year's bash sold out by the Sunday lunchtime, as getting on for 500 thirsty ale fans raised their glasses.
This time around, a fee of £12 gets you a commemmorative pint glass and six half pint tokens.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
The main sponsor is Aldiss and proceeds will be shared between Fakenham Community Centre and Kick Start Fakenham.
The event runs from 7pm - 11pm tonight, 11am - 11pm tomorrow and Sunday 11am - 2pm Sunday.