Fakenham drama group FADLOS’s next production announced
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) have been having a break following the huge success of their 51st Musical production My Fair Lady in May.
During the performance week the society had collection buckets and raised £68 which has been donated to the Friends of Cranmer House.
The group is now getting ready to bring some snow to Fakenham Community Centre with their next production - White Christmas.
The show is a stage adaptation of the much-loved film of the same name featuring the well know song I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas. The society will be searching for their equivalent of Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, with a read through on August 20 at 7.30pm and open auditions on August 22.
Anyone over the age of 14 is welcome to come along and audition for the magical production which will see the society using a high tech LED screen and several snow machines.
You may also want to watch:
The show is also being dedicated to the memory of Roy Ferris and the group will be fundraising for Cancer Research UK.
Finally, FADLOS is celebrating receiving nominations for best production and best pantomime from Noda.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
More good news for the society comes with the announcement that Tesco in Fakenham has picked FADLOS to be one of the charities that benefit from the Bags of Help scheme.
Anyone who shops in Fakenham Tesco during July and August is encouraged to support the local group so they can get the staging reflowed benefiting all the users of the stage.
FADLOS was set up in 1967 in Fakenham performing plays with local people.
After five years the group was invited to become the resident in house theatrical group at the newly built Fakenham Community Centre.
After 10 years they started producing an annual family pantomime.
Years later FADLOS Kidz was created to give youngsters an opportunities.
FADLOS has traditionally produced one musical and one pantomime each year and has won seven NODA awards.
For further information visit the website www.fadlos.co.uk or find FADLOS on facebook.