Face-to-face Citizens Advice services in King’s Lynn to start again

Norfolk Citizens Advice will be offering face-to-face services again in King's Lynn from Broadland H

Norfolk Citizens Advice will be offering face-to-face services again in King's Lynn from Broadland Housing offices in Hospital Walk. - Credit: Archant

The Citizens Advice service has secured new premises in King's Lynn and will soon open to the public.

Face-to-face sessions will be available from Thursday at the Broadland Housing offices in Hospital Walk.

These will be offered two days a week initially - between 10am and 3pm on Mondays and Thursdays - with possibly soon extending to an extra day.

The move comes after its town centre premises in St Nicholas Street closed in June and the is an interim measure as talks continue on a lease elsewhere.

While telephone, Skype, and internet support was still available - clients were missing out on the much-valued face-to-face service.

You may also want to watch:

Norfolk Citizens Advice CEO Steve Cheshire said, 'We were concerned that while we worked through negotiations for our permanent home, the people of the borough were without a face-to-face service.

'Although our telephone service has been well-used by clients in the area, it will be great to be able to sit down once again with people of the borough to sort out their problems.'

Most Read

In its last three months in St Nicholas Street, the Citizens Advice met with 923 clients and dealt with 2,400 problems.

Most visiting were experiencing money issues: debt was at the centre of more than half of the cases dealt with while 100 families needed held with housing problems.

Mr Cheshire added: 'I am really pleased that, with the support of Broadland Housing and the County Council, we will be opening this service.

'But I am most grateful to our highly-skilled volunteers who have stayed loyal to us and will be there for the clients once again.'

West Norfolk Council last month announced changes to advice services with the charity Shelter on board offering housing debt guidance, the West Norfolk Advice Hub available for housing issues and the Norfolk Citizens Advice for more generic problems.

These agencies receive funds from West Norfolk Council and Norfolk County Council.

• What do you think about the move? Email newsdesk@archant.co.uk

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter