Face of Jesus seen in pebble on Cromer beach - or is it Karl Marx?
PUBLISHED: 08:36 28 June 2016 | UPDATED: 08:55 28 June 2016
Archant Norfolk 2016
It has been spotted in the most unusual of places... on pieces of toast, bits of plasterwork and even patches of mould.
So perhaps it is not all that surprising that the face of Jesus has now been identified on a beach pebble.
The stone was spotted on Cromer beach, close to the pier, by a local resident.
The woman, who wants to remain anonymous, picked up the stone after the extreme whiteness on the other side caught her eye.
“When I turned it over it looked like a black and white photograph. I’m going to keep it,” she said.
It was her boyfriend who suggested the image looked like Christ, although bearded characters have also been suggested.
Some, for instance, have detected a likeness with Karl Marx, the Communist thinker, and larger-than-life actor Brian Blessed.
Jim Morrison, the late lead singer with The Doors, has also been suggested. Others claim to have seen the face within the profile of a bear’s head.
The image of Jesus has been seen in a staggering range of unlikely places. They include:
• The wood grain in the door of the gents’ toilets at Ikea’s Braehead, Glasgow, branch;
• The pattern of the browned fat in an oven tray, left after a Harrogate builder had cooked himself a burger;
• Shapes in the mould behind a man’s fridge in Herne Bay, Kent.
• Marmite cleaving to the lid of its jar;
• Plasterwork in a Sunderland Chinese takeaway;
• Naan bread served up at a curry restaurant in Esher, Surrey;
• Bruising on the arm of Mary Massa, from Florida;
• Feathers of a chicken called Gloria, owned by Michael Grainger, of Rowley Regis, West Midlands.
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.