Eyes Wide Open aims to attract people to Eye
Roving topical street theatre, a treasure trail and an exhibition about the town hall restoration will be among the attractions in Eye on Saturday, March 31.
The town council is also appealing to buskers to get involved and local groups to come forward with stalls and activities for the event, called Eyes Wide Open.
Mayor Felix Williams said: 'There has been a tendency recently for some to think that Eye is closing down and the truth is far from that.
'Our shops and services are still here, the library and pub are open, we've even managed to get the public toilets open.
'To celebrate that, we have set up 'Eyes Wide Open'.'
You may also want to watch:
Town council coordinator Simon Hooton said: 'If you are a regular shopper in Eye you know how pleasant it can be – friendly shops where shopkeepers have time to help; caf�s for a reviving drink and chat.
'Eyes Wide Open is about adding a range of other attractions during the Saturday morning to tempt people to come and have a look.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
If you have any ideas or offers of activities and attractions, call town clerk Sarah Foote on 07554 733621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org