Eyes Wide Open aims to attract people to Eye
Roving topical street theatre, a treasure trail and an exhibition about the town hall restoration will be among the attractions in Eye on Saturday, March 31.
The town council is also appealing to buskers to get involved and local groups to come forward with stalls and activities for the event, called Eyes Wide Open.
Mayor Felix Williams said: 'There has been a tendency recently for some to think that Eye is closing down and the truth is far from that.
'Our shops and services are still here, the library and pub are open, we've even managed to get the public toilets open.
'To celebrate that, we have set up 'Eyes Wide Open'.'
You may also want to watch:
Town council coordinator Simon Hooton said: 'If you are a regular shopper in Eye you know how pleasant it can be – friendly shops where shopkeepers have time to help; caf�s for a reviving drink and chat.
'Eyes Wide Open is about adding a range of other attractions during the Saturday morning to tempt people to come and have a look.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
If you have any ideas or offers of activities and attractions, call town clerk Sarah Foote on 07554 733621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org