Eye set for Sport Relief event at Hartismere School
Eye will be doing its bit for charity at the weekend with a Sport Relief event at Hartismere School.
The Hartismere Mile on Sunday, March 25 is being masterminded by the sports department at the academy with the aid of the town council.
The mile route, which is open from 10am, is solely within the school grounds.
Head of PE Sam Beveridge said: 'We will be getting much of the school out for their run on Friday, March 23 but we wanted to ensure our route on the Sunday was family friendly. We do have some runners booked in to do 3 or 6 miles. They are very welcome just to do laps of the school, but with the local Orienteering Club helping we reckon we have a two mile loop that will take people out and around the town and footpaths to make it more interesting.'
The local WI have agreed to come along and sell teas, coffees and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
One runner in training is Mayor Felix Williams and he will be joined by town councillor Simon Hooton who plans to tackle the three mile route.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result