Extra trains put on for East Anglian derby this weekend between Norwich City and Ipswich Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Greater Anglia is running extra train services on Sunday for football supporters travelling to Norwich for the Championship local derby between Norwich City and Ipswich Town.
About 2,000 Ipswich Town fans are expected to travel to Norwich for the match at Carrow Road on Sunday with kick-off at midday.
Before the match there will be two extra services, one which leaves Ipswich at 9.40am and arrives in Norwich 10.22am and another which leaves at 10.05am and arrives in the city at 10.58am.
MORE: More than 300 police officers to be on duty in Norwich for East Anglian derby this weekendThere will also be additional trains after the game at 2.52pm and 2.40pm.
Andrew Goodrum, customer service director, Greater Anglia, said: 'We are always happy to support local events, wherever possible and practical, and we know football fans appreciate the additional services.'
Other scheduled services will operate between Norwich and Ipswich, Norwich and Lowestoft, and Norwich and Thetford .
You may also want to watch:
The scheduled timetable services will also be running between Norwich and Great Yarmouth and Norwich and Sheringham.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover