Explore Suffolk countryside with new walking pack
SUFFOLK'S beautiful countryside can now be more easily explored following the launch of a new project today.
The Easy Going Trails pack has been specially designed by Suffolk County Council and disability groups to encourage people with limited mobility to enjoy and explore Suffolk's beautiful countryside.
The pack features 18 walks which take in the full depth and variety of Suffolk's countryside from the Heritage Coast to inspiring Constable Country and the wilds of the Brecks.
Councillor Guy McGregor, Suffolk County Council's Portfolio Holder for Roads, Transport and Planning said; 'The pack is a great way to identify the many accessible walks that are on our doorstep - walks that everyone who lives, works or visits Suffolk can enjoy.'
The pack has been created in partnership between Suffolk County Council, Optua, Stepping Out in Suffolk Healthy Walks, the Access Group for Suffolk and Healthy Ambitions Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
A copy of the pack can be downloaded at www.discoversuffolk.org.uk or by contacting any of the county's tourist information centres.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack