Explore Suffolk countryside with new walking pack
SUFFOLK'S beautiful countryside can now be more easily explored following the launch of a new project today.
The Easy Going Trails pack has been specially designed by Suffolk County Council and disability groups to encourage people with limited mobility to enjoy and explore Suffolk's beautiful countryside.
The pack features 18 walks which take in the full depth and variety of Suffolk's countryside from the Heritage Coast to inspiring Constable Country and the wilds of the Brecks.
Councillor Guy McGregor, Suffolk County Council's Portfolio Holder for Roads, Transport and Planning said; 'The pack is a great way to identify the many accessible walks that are on our doorstep - walks that everyone who lives, works or visits Suffolk can enjoy.'
The pack has been created in partnership between Suffolk County Council, Optua, Stepping Out in Suffolk Healthy Walks, the Access Group for Suffolk and Healthy Ambitions Suffolk.
A copy of the pack can be downloaded at www.discoversuffolk.org.uk or by contacting any of the county's tourist information centres.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 7 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall