Experts from BBC Antiques Road Trip visit Norwich Fleamarket
A pair of antique experts from TV's Antiques Road Trip cast a professional eye over the curiosities on show at Norwich Fleamarket.
Anita Manning and Paul Laidlaw, who star in the BBC programme, visited the Fine City's longest-running antiques fair for its final outing in St Andrew's Hall.
The popular event is relocating to the Old Fire Station in Bethel Street – now home to Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form College – as of next month.
Helen Leith, the fair's owner, said: 'After 40 successful years we need a new home and I am really thrilled to announce that we have found a fantastic venue at The Old Fire Station in Bethel Street, an iconic Art Deco building in the heart of the city.
'It is a beautiful space which now houses the Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form College so has great facilities and will suit us extremely well.'
You may also want to watch:
The fair has also changed its name, and now brands itself as Norwich Antiques Market.
Ms Leith said that the fair's reputation was still growing, with stallholders and buyers now flocking to Norwich from across Europe.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
'We are a good upper mid-range antiques fair,' she said.
'New stallholders, with an ever wider range of specialist stock, join us at every event.'
Saturday's antiques fair helped raise money for The East Anglian Air Ambulance charity.
The first Norwich Antiques Market at The Old Fire Station will be on Saturday, November 15 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Entry costs £2, and is free for under 18s. See www.norwichantiquesmarket.com