Expectant mothers needed to take part in Norfolk and Norwich Festival show
- Credit: supplied by Norfolk and Norwich
The search is on to find a group of expectant mothers to take part in a new theatre performance for this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
Summer. Autumn. Winter. Spring. - described as an epic quartet about our relationship with time - is among the shows that will be taking to the festival stage this May.
Local people from all walks of life have already signed up to take part in the theatre project which takes its audience through the seasons, and for the Spring section of the show Quarantine theatre company wants to cast a group of pregnant women.
Tanner Barnes, from the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, said: 'The festival's participation and engagement team has had the distinct pleasure in finding some of the most interesting people in Norfolk to take part in our exciting programme of events.
'At this year's festival, you'll find everyone from taxi drivers to engineers to a 12 year-old xylophone prodigy!
You may also want to watch:
'We're now looking for the final group of locals to round off our participation programme.
'We're looking for five pregnant women at any stage of their pregnancy to take part in our production of Summer. Autumn. Winter. Spring.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
The Spring section will be made with and about the pregnant women who are in it, as they try to imagine the coming weeks, months and years.
Quarantine is not looking for actors - no previous performance experience is necessary and there are no lines to learn.
Those wishing to take part will need to be no more than eight months pregnant at the beginning of May, and they will need to be available to take part in performances on Saturday, May 13 and Sunday, May 14 at The Space, in Norwich.
It is a voluntary opportunity, but travel expenses will be covered and Quarantine will provide food at all rehearsals.
Anybody wanting to find out more about taking part in the show should email email@example.com or call 01603 878288.
Summer. Autumn. Winter. Spring. is part of a packed programme of events spanning the cultural spectrum for this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival which runs from Friday, May 12 until Sunday, May 28.
For more information about the festival, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk