Expect a blaze of colour at Ringstead Open Gardens event, near Hunstanton
- Credit: Ian Burt
A picturesque north-west Norfolk village will be a blaze of colour this weekend with the 39th annual open gardens event in Ringstead expected to attract hundreds of visitors,
Fourteen gardens will be open to the public and there will also be a flower display in St Andrew's Church with the Seven Sacraments as the theme. The Ringstead artists' exhibition at the village hall is also running in conjunction with the event with work by seven artists on show, in all kinds of media, and ranging in styles from abstraction to realism.
Organiser Sara Stock, whose garden in High Street is among those on show, said: 'The great thing about the event is that everyone in the village gets stuck in and helps out. The event has also become very famous for its lunches, which are fantastic.'
Plant and bric-a-brac stalls will be held in the garden of Apple Tree Cottage, and there will also be craft stalls, a cake and produce stall, tombola, raffle and teas. Lord Melchett will lead a guided tour around Courtyard Farm and Ringstead Common in the afternoon.
Meanwhile, just three miles away, Holme-next-the-Sea is also holding its open gardens event at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
The gardens will be open to the public from 11am to 5pm on Sunday. £3 admits to all locations, and proceeds to St Andrews Church.
Lunches (£9 per adult) will be served at The Old Rectory between 12-2pm (to book, call Mrs Stock on 07786 316610), and teas at Westgate House from 11am-5pm. The art exhibition is open from 10am to 5pm, tomorrow and Sunday, and the flower display from 10am to 5pm on Sunday and Monday.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
Have you organised something special at your village? Email email@example.com