Exhibition to showcase plans for Halesworth Campus project
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Members of the public are being invited along to an exhibition tomorrow to view plans for the new Halesworth Campus.
The exhibition will showcase the plans, which were first submitted back in April 2016, for the health, sport, leisure, education and training facilities on the campus site.
A £60,000 grant from Waveney District Council, back in 2011 began the sports development in Halesworth, followed by a £57,000 Suffolk County Council grant for project development costs.
The project aims to build new sports, health and care facilities on the campus site bordered by Harrison Lane and Norwich Road, on the same site as Halesworth Middle School, which closed back in 2012, to bring new vocational training courses to Halesworth in the North Suffolk Skills Academy.
The exhibition will be open from 10am at the Rifle Hall in London Road, Halesworth, for residents to chat to trustees, developers and training providers.
For more information visit halesworthcampus.org.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?