Exhibition to showcase plans for Halesworth Campus project
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Members of the public are being invited along to an exhibition tomorrow to view plans for the new Halesworth Campus.
The exhibition will showcase the plans, which were first submitted back in April 2016, for the health, sport, leisure, education and training facilities on the campus site.
A £60,000 grant from Waveney District Council, back in 2011 began the sports development in Halesworth, followed by a £57,000 Suffolk County Council grant for project development costs.
The project aims to build new sports, health and care facilities on the campus site bordered by Harrison Lane and Norwich Road, on the same site as Halesworth Middle School, which closed back in 2012, to bring new vocational training courses to Halesworth in the North Suffolk Skills Academy.
The exhibition will be open from 10am at the Rifle Hall in London Road, Halesworth, for residents to chat to trustees, developers and training providers.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit halesworthcampus.org.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock