Exhibition of dragons set to roar into Norwich Castle
- Credit: ©Cressida Cowell
People will be transported into a land where Vikings rule and dragons roam in the latest exhibition coming to Norwich Castle.
A Viking's Guide to Deadly Dragons opens on Saturday and is inspired by Cressida Cowell's children's books How to Train Your Dragon, now a major Hollywood film and TV franchise.
Featuring the author's original illustrations, the exhibition will give visitors the chance to look at her notebooks and watch filmed interviews. There will also be the chance to dress up as a Viking and visit the wild dragon cave.
Ms Cowell said: 'I am incredibly excited and honoured that the How to Train Your Dragon books are the subject of an exhibition.
'I hope that a whole new generation of children will be as fascinated by dragons and Vikings as I was when I was a child. I visited when the amazing GoGoDragons! were in residence, so I'm especially pleased that the exhibition is opening in Norwich.'
Alongside the exhibition, there will be a programme of dragon-related events for all ages. The Norwich Castle team has also been working with Norfolk County Council Libraries and Information Service on ideas on how the exhibition can help encourage more children to enjoy reading.
This Saturday at 11am libraries across Norfolk will be reading the same excerpt from one of the How to Train Your Dragon books, to create the biggest storytime in the county.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 5 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 8 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
A Viking's Guide to Deadly Dragons – created by Seven Stories, the National Centre for Children's Books – will be at Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery from February 6 until May 30. Visit www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com