Exhibition features new artwork inspired by Norfolk landscapes
- Credit: Katie Falcon
New work by Norfolk artists inspired by working outside in the local landscapes is on show in a Norwich exhibition.
Eight by Eight, at the Fairhurst Gallery, features paintings by members of the Group Eight collective who are known for their outdoor 'en plein air' work.
The eight artists taking part are Tor Falcon, James Colman, Alex Egan, Cornelia FitzRoy, Fred Ingrams, Katie Falcon, Mark Cator and Auriol Innes, and each of them has created a new three-foot square piece of work for the show.
Dulcie Humphrey, from the Fairhurst Gallery, said: 'Group Eight are a collective of some of the finest artists working
in Norfolk right now.
'We have been very keen to showcase the group since we took over the gallery in 2014. Having caught some
glimpses of their work up in the framing workshop I have been increasingly inspired to seek more.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 6 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 7 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 8 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 9 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
'All the artists create work inspired by the East Anglian landscape though each artist brings their own distinctive
Artist James Colman, a former London gallerist and who is also behind the Paint Out Norwich event, said Group Eight was initially formed in 2008 and that the members have lots of 'shared values' when it comes to art.
'The great thing is that Group Eight allows for mutual support. Some friendship and a chance to push some new
ideas into reality helps keep the creative fire burning,' he said.
The Eight by Eight exhibition is at the Fairhurst Gallery, in Bedford St, until January 20 2017.
For more information visit www.fairhurstgallery.co.uk
Do you have a Norwich arts story?
Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com