Excitement builds for Take That’s Carrow Road dates
- Credit: Martin Dunning
Excitement is building for pop band Take That's two Norwich gigs later this month.
Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald are heading to our fine city for the first time and bringing their Wonderland Live tour to Carrow Road on June 15 and 16.
About 60,000 people are expected to watch the band over the two nights, and fans have been taking to Twitter to voice their excitement as the countdown to the shows continues. Among them is @sarahroseex who tweeted 'Our Take That tickets for Norwich have come, I am SO excited.'
@sue_is_cool has tweeted: 'Not long till see the boys in Norwich #wonderlandlive #cantwait #TakeThat.'
And while many people are looking forward to seeing Take That closer to home for the first time, there are also people travelling from far and wide to the concerts.
You may also want to watch:
@JasmineBarlow94 tweeted: '@GaryBarlow we travel from Austria to Norwich for the Take That concert #wonderland.'
@MartaSZ1 tweeted: '@GaryBarlow @takethat @TakeThatEspana Tickets ready for Norwich! Spanish team is coming! #TakeThat #sisters'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
The tour - which features songs from the band's new Wonderland album as well as Take That classics - kicked off at Birmingham's Genting Arena on May 5 and has wowed the crowds at cities across the country.
Take That that are well known for their spectacular shows, and their latest tour sees them perform right in the centre of the audience on an ever-changing stage modelled on the Take That logo.
Starting with Wonderland and finishing with Rule the World, among the many other songs on the set list are Greatest Day, Get Ready For It, Relight My Fire, Hope, Shine, Back For Good, Patience and, of course, the Take That anthem Never Forget.
On both of the Norwich concerts the pop giants will be supported by girl band All Saints who shot to fame in the 1990s and whose hits include I Know Where It's At, Never Ever and Pure Shores.
The June 16 Take That concert at Carrow Road is sold out but there are still some tickets available for the June 15 date.
For more information, including how to book tickets for the June 15 Carrow Road show, visit www.takethat.com/live/