Excitement builds for Take That’s Carrow Road dates
- Credit: Martin Dunning
Excitement is building for pop band Take That's two Norwich gigs later this month.
Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald are heading to our fine city for the first time and bringing their Wonderland Live tour to Carrow Road on June 15 and 16.
About 60,000 people are expected to watch the band over the two nights, and fans have been taking to Twitter to voice their excitement as the countdown to the shows continues. Among them is @sarahroseex who tweeted 'Our Take That tickets for Norwich have come, I am SO excited.'
@sue_is_cool has tweeted: 'Not long till see the boys in Norwich #wonderlandlive #cantwait #TakeThat.'
And while many people are looking forward to seeing Take That closer to home for the first time, there are also people travelling from far and wide to the concerts.
You may also want to watch:
@JasmineBarlow94 tweeted: '@GaryBarlow we travel from Austria to Norwich for the Take That concert #wonderland.'
@MartaSZ1 tweeted: '@GaryBarlow @takethat @TakeThatEspana Tickets ready for Norwich! Spanish team is coming! #TakeThat #sisters'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
The tour - which features songs from the band's new Wonderland album as well as Take That classics - kicked off at Birmingham's Genting Arena on May 5 and has wowed the crowds at cities across the country.
Take That that are well known for their spectacular shows, and their latest tour sees them perform right in the centre of the audience on an ever-changing stage modelled on the Take That logo.
Starting with Wonderland and finishing with Rule the World, among the many other songs on the set list are Greatest Day, Get Ready For It, Relight My Fire, Hope, Shine, Back For Good, Patience and, of course, the Take That anthem Never Forget.
On both of the Norwich concerts the pop giants will be supported by girl band All Saints who shot to fame in the 1990s and whose hits include I Know Where It's At, Never Ever and Pure Shores.
The June 16 Take That concert at Carrow Road is sold out but there are still some tickets available for the June 15 date.
For more information, including how to book tickets for the June 15 Carrow Road show, visit www.takethat.com/live/