Excitement ahead of town’s leisure centre opening
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building ahead of the opening of a £3.5m leisure centre which it is hoped will become a new community hub for Wymondham.
The Wymondham Leisure Centre will be officially opened on Monday following a year-long transformation.
South Norfolk Council deputy leader Councillor Martin Wilby said he was delighted with how the centre was shaping up.
He said: 'Our customers will be able to enjoy a first-class leisure facility and community hub offering a fantastic choice of activities that will appeal to people of all ages and abilities.'
You may also want to watch:
New sections of the centre include a reception area with cafe, a gym with 100 machines spread over two floors, studios and a function room.
There is also a state-of-the art suite of rooms for spa treatment and physical rehab which includes a sauna, steam room, spray-tan room and a high-powered 'monsoon shower' unit.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
The development also includes a modernisation of the centre's swimming pool, which was unveiled in October last year.
South Norfolk Council leader Councillor John Fuller and the leisure centre's oldest member, 96-year-old Eric Cousins, will cut a ribbon at the centre at 11am.
The venue's new areas will be open to the public from 6.30am.