Event to offer public chance to have their say on the future economy of Southwold
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An event is to be held allowing residents to offer their opinions on the future economy of a coastal town.
Following its recent designation of a Coastal Community Team (CCT), a consultation is being held to discuss the future of the economy in Southwold.
Michael Ladd, Waveney District Council's cabinet member for tourism, economic development and rural affairs said: 'Southwold faces various challenges and opportunities- the CCT will help address those challenges and focus on the opportunities available.
'We would like to encourage those who live and work in Southwold and the surrounding area to come to the consultation event and share their ideas for the future of the town.'
Due to becoming a CCT, Southwold received a sum of £10,000 to develop an economic plan to look at the challenges facing the town.
The consultation will be held between 10am and 1pm on February 18 at Buckenham Art Gallery.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man