Event to offer public chance to have their say on the future economy of Southwold
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An event is to be held allowing residents to offer their opinions on the future economy of a coastal town.
Following its recent designation of a Coastal Community Team (CCT), a consultation is being held to discuss the future of the economy in Southwold.
Michael Ladd, Waveney District Council's cabinet member for tourism, economic development and rural affairs said: 'Southwold faces various challenges and opportunities- the CCT will help address those challenges and focus on the opportunities available.
'We would like to encourage those who live and work in Southwold and the surrounding area to come to the consultation event and share their ideas for the future of the town.'
Due to becoming a CCT, Southwold received a sum of £10,000 to develop an economic plan to look at the challenges facing the town.
The consultation will be held between 10am and 1pm on February 18 at Buckenham Art Gallery.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed