Event to explore history of the Fens for charity
An evening of local history is being organised to raise money for a West Norfolk-based charity.
King's Lynn resident and historian Dr Paul Richards will give a presentation entitled 'Marshland and the Wash Ports' on Friday, September 16.
The fascinating evening will take place from 7.30pm in Walpole parish hall and will raise money for the Robert Foot Leukaemia Fund.
The charity was started by Walpole St Peter residents Michael and Wendy Foot in memory of their son (pictured) who died in 2002.
The fund has raised more than �110,000 with the couple using some of this money to help the patients staying on the Shouldham ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn. Tickets are �5.
You may also want to watch:
For information, call Mr Foot on 01945 780468.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday