Event to be held at care home in Oulton Broad
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Funding can be a major headache for families when the time comes for a loved one to move into a care home to find extra support.
The options available to people will be clearly explained in a presentation at Lilac Lodge care home, in Gorleston Road, Oulton Broad, from 10.30am to noon on Friday, May 26.
Nicky Cave, managing director of Eldercare Solutions, one of the UK's leading sources of independent financial advice for people looking at how to meet long-term care costs, will explain how the care funding system works and explore what state support might be available.
She will offer advice about an option that might prevent money running out while, ideally, protecting an inheritance for beneficiaries.
The presentation will take place during the Kingsley Healthcare run home's third monthly dementia drop-in event intended to provide a welcome opportunity for people living with dementia and their carers to meet up for a chat over cakes and hot and cold drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Home manager Zena Stotter said: 'We know there are increasing numbers of carers supporting people living with dementia in the community.
'However, our invitation goes out equally to carers looking after people with any other disability. It is our way of saying, 'if you care, we care'.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
At each event, held on the last Friday of the month, the intention is to invite representatives of different charities and businesses to come along to signpost services and offer advice and support.