Evening update: Walcott road to remain shut after floods as coastal routes re-open
- Credit: Archant
The B1159 Coast Road through Walcott is set to remain closed until at least tomorrow evening following Thursday's floods.
The main road through the village was buried under inches of sand and littered with debris after the storm surge, and has remained shut ever since.
Workers from Norfolk County Council have been in the village since daylight with excavators and lorries removing the remnants of the flood.
The closure will continue into tomorrow to allow workers to carry on helping residents in the salvage and clearance from their devastated homes, and work on the power supply.
The A149 at Salthouse, which was submerged in the floods, is expected to reopen to motorists tonight but there may be traffic control while the clean up is completed.
You may also want to watch:
The A143 at Haddiscoe was re-opened this morning, and blocks were lifted on Blakeney Quay this lunchtime.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'