Evening of acoustic music kicks off Lord Mayor’s celebrations in Norwich
The Lord Mayor's celebrations kicked-off in style tonight with some of the region's finest young musical talent performing in the grounds near Norwich Castle.
Dozens of music fans took a seat at the outdoor stage of the Whiffler Theatre for an evening of acoustic music.
The chilled out sounds of four young acts was the perfect antidote on a warm and muggy evening in the city, which officially kicked off the Lord Mayor's celebrations for 2013.
The free music event, Somewhereto_ Jam Unplugged, featured performances from local performers Kayleigh Watson, from Wymondham, Montagues and Capulets, from Norwich, Alison Mackinnon, from Norwich, and Fran Davey, from Felixstowe.
All of the acts received a warm reception from an appreciative crowd.
You may also want to watch:
The event was supported by Creative Arts East and Norwich City Council as part of the Somewhereto_ project, a service aimed at matching young people aged 16 to 25 with the space they need for sport, culture, arts and enterprise.
Somewhereto_ was funded by a £7m grant from the Big Lottery Fund in December to support its UK-wide expansion over the following four years.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 8 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 9 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
The regional delivery partner for the service is Wymondham-based Creative Arts East, an arts and community development charity.
The event was also held on the Thursday of last summer's Lord Mayor's Celebration.
Young people interested in getting involved with Somewhereto_ can call 01953 713395 or go to www.somewhereto.com