Evening honours Lowestoft’s veterans
- Credit: Archant
Veterans from the armed forces have been recognised and celebrated during by an evening of entertainment hosted by Lowestoft mayor Stephen Ardley.
More than 50 people representing all the armed forces attended the event held on May 14 at Masonic Lodge, Lowestoft.
Attendees enjoyed a finger buffet, live music and games to honour the work of those who have served their country.
'I think it is important to host such events as it is a stepping stone to Armed Forces Day next month (June 25) and other events throughout the year. It was a very successful evening and hopefully it will be first of a yearly event.
'I would like to say a special thank you to Kevin Smith and David Ormsby, who helped with the organising of the evening.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 4 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced