Estate car smashes into residential walls in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Two homes in Great Yarmouth were badly damaged overnight, when a motorist ploughed into a residential wall.
At just after 10pm on Sunday, August 27, a dark-coloured estate car was reported travelling down Kitchener Road when the driver lost control of the vehicle and veered off the road into a wall outside two homes on the adjoining Northgate Street.
Two crews of firefighters from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the scene, along with police officers and paramedics.
The incident left two homes affected, with the walls outside both homes severely damaged. One of the homes also has a front window and door boarded up.
A witness said there was large police presence at the incident, as well as several members of the public standing and watching the aftermath.
You may also want to watch:
It is reported the driver of the vehicle was male, with two male passengers also in the vehicle at the time.
The road was then closed for around half an hour while emergency services made the scene safe.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut