Estate car smashes into residential walls in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Two homes in Great Yarmouth were badly damaged overnight, when a motorist ploughed into a residential wall.
At just after 10pm on Sunday, August 27, a dark-coloured estate car was reported travelling down Kitchener Road when the driver lost control of the vehicle and veered off the road into a wall outside two homes on the adjoining Northgate Street.
Two crews of firefighters from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended the scene, along with police officers and paramedics.
The incident left two homes affected, with the walls outside both homes severely damaged. One of the homes also has a front window and door boarded up.
A witness said there was large police presence at the incident, as well as several members of the public standing and watching the aftermath.
It is reported the driver of the vehicle was male, with two male passengers also in the vehicle at the time.
The road was then closed for around half an hour while emergency services made the scene safe.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 6 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm