Battered Creme Eggs to return to Norfolk fish and chips shop
- Credit: Archant
Eric's Fish and Chips in Thornham is bringing a customer favourite back to their menu just in time for Easter.
The chippy first started offering battered Creme Eggs two years ago as an experiment.
But the deep-fried treat was so well received that Eric's has decided to make it an annual menu item.
Last year the fish and chips shop estimate they sold a whopping 1,200 battered Creme Eggs during the three months they were available.
This year they are planning to sell the odd ball offering from March 1 all the way through to mid May - or until they run out.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Mooney, manager of Eric's Fish and Chips, said: 'We first started making them with the attitude of 'why not?', but they turned out really nice and the customers absolutely loved them.
'At first we weren't sure if they were something we'd do again but we brought them back last year due to popular demand and we plan to do them around Easter every year now.'
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
In 2017 Eric's Fish and Chips was named as one of the UK's best fish and chips shops at the National Fish and Chips Awards.
The business will be opening a second shop in Holt this spring.