Epic Studios searching for local talent to take centre stage
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Epic Studios media and entertainment centre on Magdalen Street, Norwich, are on the hunt for artists and bands from Norfolk to fill supporting slots at gigs in 2017.
Rick Lennox, Live Music Manager at Epic, hopes to create a bank of local acts who could take to the stage alongside big names and showcase their talent to national promoters.
Mr Lennox said: 'It's really easy for local acts to get stuck in Norfolk, they start playing at pubs and they struggle to grow a wider audience. Here at Epic Studios we want to give people a chance to break out of the county and attract national acclaim.
'We're looking for solo artists and bands that have ambition. We're hopeful that connections will be made between the local musicians and the headliners and they'll end up going on tour together in the future.'
Bands currently lined up to play at the venue this year include Against The Current, The Vapors and The Mezningers.
No specific music genre is being sought, but those interested must be aged 14 or over.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
As well as support acts, Mr Lennox says Epic are also on the hunt for multi-cultural bands to perform at the annual Magdalen Street Celebration which will take place in Norwich on October 14.
To apply or for more information, email email@example.com