Hazardous acid washed up on Norfolk beach
PUBLISHED: 08:11 26 October 2018 | UPDATED: 09:15 26 October 2018
Fire crews were called to dispose of a drum of hazardous acid washed up on Holme beach.
A blue container with a sulphuric acid hazard warning sticker was inspected by the Hunstanton Coastguard Team around 3pm Thursday.
The hazardous materials officer later confirmed the drum contained sulphuric acid, a powerful corrosive capable of causing severe burns.
This is the fourth time a container of hazardous acid has been found in the area since the start of October, with two drums found on Hunstanton beach,
The coastguard said any drums found with a hazard sticker should be reported to the coastguard by calling 999.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.