Colourful and creative, entries to the Norfolk Day superhero competition
- Credit: George Engrestone
From colourful characters to eco warriors when we asked youngsters from across the county to get creative and come up with a Norfolk superhero, they did not disappoint.
More than 260 children entered the competition, sending in inventive and unique designs inspired by everything from Norfolk's historical figures to well-known landmarks such as the Norfolk Broads and even more influenced by environmental issues.
Now, after whittling down the entries to a shortlist of 60, here is a selection of some of the best.
The winning entry and recipient of £500 worth of Richardson's Holiday vouchers
as well as a visit to their school from the 89 Batmobile courtesy of A-Plan Insurance, which is sponsoring Norfolk Day, will be announced in the coming days.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab