Entries open for fourth Breckland photography competition
Shutterbugs have four months to focus on capturing a prize-worthy image for the fourth annual Breckland photography competition.
Winners in four categories could win a �100 prize, while the pictures taken by winners and runners up will feature in an exhibition that will tour the district.
The categories for the 2012 competition are community life, landscapes, working animals / livestock, and young snapper.
Entries for young snapper should be in one of the three categories above, and from entrants who are 16 years and under on the closing date.
Breckland council cabinet member Lynda Turner said: 'This is a great opportunity for anyone living in the district who would like to get their work seen by a wider audience. As well as featuring the winners and runners-up in a touring exhibition, we will put everyone's photographs up on Flickr.
'You don't have to be an experienced photographer to take part – we've had some amazing photographs in previous years from residents with only limited experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing what our residents come up with this year.'
The competition is open to all Breckland residents and photographs must be taken within the district.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 9 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
All images must be submitted in digital format by the closing deadline of 5pm on Friday 14 September 2012. Entries will be posted on Flikr www.flickr.com/photos/brecklandphotographycompetition. For more information contact Sam Dawson on 01362 656870.