Enjoy a night at the movies at annual Watton Carnival
- Credit: Archant
A market town is inviting visitors to take a trip to Tinsel Town at its annual carnival.
The theme for this year's Watton Carnival on Sunday is 'At The Movies', with live music and entertainment alongside a spangling parade.
Festivities will begin at 11am with an opening ceremony by Watton Pentecostal Church, followed by a speech from town mayor Beryl Bunning.
At 1pm the parade will begin its journey down the High Street, led by Watton fire station, which will feature this year's carnival princes and princesses from around the Wayland area.
Look out for the town's mascot Hareton, designed around the name Watton ('wat' being an old word for 'hare') – it has been already been around the town presenting certificates to the event's sponsors, including Adocks, Edwards News, Ridgeons, Tesco and Watton Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
There will be musical entertainment to fill the afternoon from Dale Bullimore and rock and roll band Badge.
For more information about the event, go to www.wattoncarnival.co.uk or contact Steve Jolly on 07729 333002.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17