Come on England! Reporters cheer on Gareth Southgate’s team
- Credit: Archant
Come on England!
That is the message from the EDP and Great Yarmouth Mercury reporting team as they managed to get their hands on the World Cup ahead of tonight's semi-final between England and Croatia.
Editor Andrew Fitchett and reporters Anthony Carroll, Jacob Massey and Liz Coates proudly donned Gareth Southgate-style waistcoats as they posed with a World Cup replica kindly donated by Legends and Memorabilia in Victoria Arcade.
Mr Fitchett said: 'We are all cheering on Southgate's boys and I hope Harry Kane is on target tonight. Come on England.'
The waistcoats were purchased from charity shops in the town and there is still a chance that some will be available as World Cup fever sweeps the town.
You may also want to watch:
The build-up to tonight's semi-final, the first England have been in since 1990, has seen Great Yarmouth Borough Council again raise the England flag at the town hall.
David Wiles, communications and media manager at the council, said: 'We're all very much rooting for England tonight – and as a symbol for the borough's support for Gareth Southgate's team, we've been flying the St George's flag proudly outside of the Town Hall on all England World Cup games. Come on England!'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
The council has also postponed a development control committee meeting tonight and re-scheduled it for next week.
Poundland in the town has also sold out of England flags and the Hippodrome has also cancelled a performance of its summer show tonight.
Tonight the Mercury and EDP will be covering the game from the King's Arms in Northgate Street. Follow us on our Facebook pages, Twitter account @GYMercury @EDP24 and www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk and www.edp24.co.uk