England football legend Sir Trevor Brooking delights at Lowestoft South Rotary Club dinner
- Credit: Lowestoft South Rotary Club
Footballing royalty was on hand as a Lowestoft rotary group held an annual dinner event.
Former England and West Ham United star Sir Trevor Brooking was guest of honour as Lowestoft South Rotary Club held its annual gentlemen's dinner at Ivy Farm Country Hotel.
The 69-year-old, who is now England's director of football development, delighted members with a speech on his career in the game and joined in the festivities.
Members also enjoyed a meal and entertainment from comedian Rudi West.
A spokesman for the club said: 'Everyone had a great evening and raised more than £3,000 for Rotary charities.
You may also want to watch:
'We enjoyed a fine meal and it was a fascinating speech by Sir Trevor, which gave a real insight into his long and very successful footballing career.'
There was also a raffle at the event, which was held on Friday, November 24,, with all prizes donated by Adrian Patron, owner of the hotel.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old