City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
Final preparations are under way at a fan park in Norwich which in less than 24 hours will be buzzing with fans cheering on England as they take on Croatia at Euro 2020.
The finals were delayed a year, due to coronavirus, but at 2pm tomorrow The Arena in Avian Way in Norwich, will have 300 people behind Gareth Southgate's men in England's tournament opener against the side they lost to in the World Cup semi-finals in 2018.
England flags were being put up around the venue, near to Salhouse Road, on Saturday afternoon as well as tables and chairs being moved into position ahead of the big kick-off.
Danny Banthorpe, part of Ideal Events and founder and promoter of Pop Up Pictures, said tickets for the all seated event were sold out, with fans settling down to watch the action on a giant 6m x 3m screen.
Local DJ Gary Sulter will be on hand to host the event, with snippets of old England games due to be played before the match to get fans into the mood.
Mr Banthorpe said the venue would probably be at 60pc of its full capacity to ensure that it was a safe environment.
He said England's clash with Scotland next week was also a sell out but the venue's team was waiting to see what the government said about lockdown easing on June 21 before finalising preparations for the final group clash with the Czech Republic on June 22.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town