Engineer starting not-for-profit enterprise in Suffield, Felmingham, Tuttington, Banningham, Colby and Skeyton
An engineer from north Norfolk is appealing to people to help him set up and run a not-for-profit enterprise to supply household energy in the Aylsham area.
Alex Honey, a domestic energy assessor, wants to improve energy efficiency in the ward of Kingsbeck - made up of Suffield, Felmingham, Tuttington, Banningham, Colby and Skeyton.
The aim is to install PV solar panels and then use the income to improve the thermal efficiency of houses in the area.
Mr Honey said: 'The beauty of the local population owning their own energy company is that it gives them control over what renewable technologies are installed.
'We also hope to plough any excess profits back into the community so that homes can be better insulated and cheaper to run.'
Future projects might also include bio-diesel production suitable for domestic oil boilers or a heating oil buying group.
Mr Honey added that the government is looking for communities to start living a in decentralised energy world, where energy is generated in local communities themselves.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 6 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
He added: 'I have been in contact with a few people locally, who are interested in helping but ideally we need about 20 people with different skills who would be willing to give up a couple of hours per week to administer and run the enterprise.'
? If anyone living in the parishes would be interested in helping with the Kingsbeck Energy Project then please email Mr Honey at firstname.lastname@example.org