End to delays on A149 between Heacham and Hunstanton as new roundabout opens
- Credit: Ian Burt
Milder than expected weather means work on the junction, at the bottom of Redgate Hill, has been completed three weeks early.
Contractors are putting the finishing touches to lane markings, ready for the roundabout to open on Wednesday, March 8.
It has been built to serve a new housing development on the southern side of Hunstanton. Developer Hopkins Homes is building 160 new flats and houses on land off Heacham Road.
Drivers have faced delays and overnight road closures since October. Norfolk County Council said all traffic management was expected to be removed tomorrow.
Heacham parish council has questioned the need for the roundabout, arguing access to the new estate should have been via Hunstanton.
You may also want to watch:
A familiar local landmark - the plough which stood as part of a floral display at the junction between the A149 and Hunstanton Road - remains at the roadside.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash