Professionals wanted as trustees for homelessness charity
- Credit: Archant
A homelessness charity is appealing for people with professional backgrounds to join its board of trustees
Emmaus Norfolk and Waveney provides a home for as long as needed and meaningful work for up to 23 people who have experienced homelessness and social exclusion, offering them an alternative route out of homelessness within a supportive environment.
Inhabitants, known as companions, gain valuable skills through working in the charity's two second-hand shops in Ditchingham and Bungay.
Trustees meet as a board 12 times each year and individual trustees may also get involved in other ways. The charity provides full induction training and offers reimbursements for travel expenses.
For more information visit www.emmaus.org.uk/norfolk_Waveney
You may also want to watch:
To apply ring 01986 895444 or email email@example.com
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones