Emergency services called to A47 after driver suffers medical episode at wheel
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Drivers have been advised to avoid the A47 after a driver suffered a medical episode at the wheel.
Norfolk police tweeted at 4.30pm on Friday night to say they were on scene at the incident on the eastbound carriageway between the A140 and the A146 turnings.
They said it was 'likely to cause delays' and advised drivers to allow extra time for their journey, or find an alternative route.
Emergency services were called just before 4.20pm after the driver suffered the medical episode.
Ambulance crews are on scene. The driver's condition is not yet clear.
You may also want to watch:
All lanes have reopened but traffic remains heavy.
It came just before another crash on the eastbound carriageway at a similar time, after the Harford park and ride slip road.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
The incident was understood to have been a single-vehicle crash, with traffic queuing back to the Thickthorn roundabout.