Emergency services tackle “suspicious” fire at derelict building near Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services have responded to a blaze at a derelict building near Lowestoft.
The fire, in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad, is believed to have been started deliberately.
Two fire crews, from Lowestoft North and Lowestoft South attended the incident and quickly tackled the blaze with the scene cleared within 10 minutes.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We responded to what is believed to be a deliberate fire - with the time of stop at 3.56pm.'
Police are currently still at the scene having been made aware of the incident just after 3.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'Police were called to reports of a fire in Bridge Road - it is suggested that this was a deliberate fire with the cause suspicious.'
Inquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK