Two men taken to hospital after reports of an explosion at Norwich industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been taken to hospital after an industrial incident.
Officers were called to Briar Chemicals on the Sweet Briar Road site at about 3.10pm on Friday following reports of an explosion.
A man injured in the incident has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital – no-one else was injured but another man has been treated for shock and also taken to hospital.
It has been confirmed the incident is not chemical related and there is no risk to other site workers or the public.
Police and fire remain on scene and enquiries will be carried out to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
The fire service were called at around 2.40pm.
Seven crews attended the scene, arriving at 2.51pm, they left at 2.54pm.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
The ambulance service was also called to the incident.