Two men taken to hospital after reports of an explosion at Norwich industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been taken to hospital after an industrial incident.
Officers were called to Briar Chemicals on the Sweet Briar Road site at about 3.10pm on Friday following reports of an explosion.
A man injured in the incident has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital – no-one else was injured but another man has been treated for shock and also taken to hospital.
It has been confirmed the incident is not chemical related and there is no risk to other site workers or the public.
Police and fire remain on scene and enquiries will be carried out to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service were called at around 2.40pm.
Seven crews attended the scene, arriving at 2.51pm, they left at 2.54pm.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
The ambulance service was also called to the incident.