Emergency services called to reports of unresponsive man on Pakefield beach
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital after becoming unresponsive on a beach near Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called to Pakefield beach, near Arbor Lane, shortly after 5.30pm on Wednesday, November 9.
Humber Coastguard operations centre paged the Lowestoft and Southwold Coastguard rescue teams to reports of a adult male requiring medical attention.
On their arrival, the casualty had been located by Suffolk police.
The coastguard team assisted in helping the man off the beach and helped to monitor his condition until the ambulance arrived and transferred him to James Paget University Hospital for further treatment.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We are unsure how serious his condition was upon arrival at hospital.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 8 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you