Emergency services called to car on fire in a ditch near Bungay
- Credit: Archant
Police and fire crews were called to Mettingham, near Bungay, to reports of a car on fire in a ditch.
A fire crew from Beccles was called to Vicarage Lane just after 11am. They arrived on scene to find the car in the ditch well alight and used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
Police were also called.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 11.08am to reports that a car had come off the road, was halfway in a ditch and on fire.
'There are no injuries and no restrictions to the road.'
The spokesman said they would be making enquiries to find out who was driving the vehicle.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD reference 130 of today.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit