Emergency services called to rescue man who fell off boat
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Emergency services were called to rescue a man in Acle who fell off a boat on Thursday morning.
Norfolk Police said they were called to the incident at 11.30 to assist the ambulance service as there was concern for a male's safety.
A spokesperson for the police said officers were called to Acle Bridge Inn this morning after reports of a male getting into difficulties in the water.
Norfolk Police were assisted by fire and rescue services from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston as well as the rescue boat from Carrow.
The man was able to get out of the water by his own accord but has been taken to James Paget University Hospital with a head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Police said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 10 City poised for Maddison cash boost