Emergency services called to rescue man who fell off boat
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Emergency services were called to rescue a man in Acle who fell off a boat on Thursday morning.
Norfolk Police said they were called to the incident at 11.30 to assist the ambulance service as there was concern for a male's safety.
A spokesperson for the police said officers were called to Acle Bridge Inn this morning after reports of a male getting into difficulties in the water.
Norfolk Police were assisted by fire and rescue services from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston as well as the rescue boat from Carrow.
The man was able to get out of the water by his own accord but has been taken to James Paget University Hospital with a head injury.
Police said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident