‘Overdue day boat’ leads to emergency services response
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A day trip on the Broads led to an emergency call-out after a vessel did not return at its scheduled time.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were alerted along with coastguard rescue officers from HM Coastguard Lowestoft and HM Coastguard Gorleston at 9.55pm on Wednesday, July 24.
They were called out to track down an overdue day boat on the broads between Oulton Dyke and Burgh St Peter, with the boat "thought to have run out of fuel."
A post on the HM Coastguard Lowestoft Facebook page said: "The vessel had been hired from Waveney River Centre and a concerned husband raised the alarm when his family didn't return on time.
"He'd lost contact with his wife, as the vessel is thought to have run out of fuel.
You may also want to watch:
"Thankfully they made it back to the centre under their own steam."
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre