Emergency services attend to two accident scenes as warnings for icy conditions are issued
Police and Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service personnel have attended to two accident scenes as icy conditions forecast for the county are expected to make for dangerous driving conditions.
In the first, police and fire and rescue appliances from Stalham and Wroxham attended a road traffic collision on Barton Road in Smallburgh where a car had rolled.
The call came in just after 8.30pm and the crews manually assisted in releasing a person from the vehicle and making the surrounding area safe.
No injuries were reported.
In the second incident, which was reported at 8.41pm, an appliance from Watton assisted police at the scene of a road traffic collision on North Pickenham Road in Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
It was not clear at the time of writing if any injuries were reported.
A Norfolk police spokesman cautioned motorists to drive carefully as temperatures were expected to drop below freezing overnight.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
'This is going to be one of the coldest nights of the year and drivers should take care on the roads and made sure their vehicles are properly de-iced.'