A47 near Scarning reopens after being blocked for around five hours
- Credit: Archant
The A47 near Scarning has now reopened after being blocked both ways for around five hours following an accident which involved three vehicles.
The incident involved a blue Peugeot, a black BMW and a 40-tonne artic lorry, with the lorry needing to be recovered.
A caravan also needed to be recovered from a ditch near the junction of Grange Road.
Police were called to the scene at just after 11am to assist the fire and ambulance service and no one was seriously injured in the accident.
Traffic was directed through Wendling and the road was blocked on the Norwich and Swaffham side.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire appliances were also at the incident at 11:10am after being called at 11:03am.
The fire crews helped someone from a vehicle and their recorded stop time for the incident was 11:39am.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer vehicle and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were also called to the incident at 11am.
A number of people were assessed at the scene and one man was transported by air ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
• Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.