A47 near Scarning reopens after being blocked for around five hours
- Credit: Archant
The A47 near Scarning has now reopened after being blocked both ways for around five hours following an accident which involved three vehicles.
The incident involved a blue Peugeot, a black BMW and a 40-tonne artic lorry, with the lorry needing to be recovered.
A caravan also needed to be recovered from a ditch near the junction of Grange Road.
Police were called to the scene at just after 11am to assist the fire and ambulance service and no one was seriously injured in the accident.
Traffic was directed through Wendling and the road was blocked on the Norwich and Swaffham side.
Two fire appliances were also at the incident at 11:10am after being called at 11:03am.
The fire crews helped someone from a vehicle and their recorded stop time for the incident was 11:39am.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer vehicle and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were also called to the incident at 11am.
A number of people were assessed at the scene and one man was transported by air ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
• Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.