Emergency services aid woman who fell from her mobility scooter in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A woman is believed to have suffered minor injuries after falling from her mobility scooter on a coastal path.
Firefighters from Lowestoft, HM Coastguard rescue officers from Lowestoft and Southwold and the East of England Ambulance Service were called out about 11.30am today (Saturday) following reports that the woman had been injured after coming off her mobility scooter near Pakefield cliffs.
With seven coastguard rescue officers from Lowestoft and Southwold attending the scene, a spokesman said: 'The team was alerted by Humber Coastguard to assist the ambulance service in recovering a woman – believed to be in her 60s – who had fallen from her mobility scooter.
'The scooter had gone off the path, and fallen down the cliff edge a short distance, close to the war memorial in the Pakefield Church area.'
The coastguard rescue officers and firefighters quickly helped to recover the woman, and she was taken into the awaiting ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online