Elveden triathlon places open for second annual event
People are encouraged to take part in a 'testing' off-road triathlon at the Elveden Estate, an event which is sure to try even the fittest of athletes.
Places are now open for the Tear Jerker, which comprises a 750metre swim in Elveden's reservoir, followed by a 25km mountain bike ride across farm and woodland tracks, finishing with a five kilometre run through forest and heathland.
The event, billed as the toughest triathlon in the region, is named to reflect both the trying nature of the course and Elveden's position as a leading onion grower.
Race organiser, Ruth Lawrence, said: 'The Tear Jerker is a unique opportunity for athletes in the region to challenge themselves to a demanding off-road race through the private farmland, forestry and heathlands at Elveden.
'Located in the heart of Breckland, the area is known for its sandy, uneven terrain which makes for a testing course.'
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance has been chosen as this year's charity partner, with money raised from sponsorship going directly to the cause.
Places are available for the event, on May 26, for up to 200 athletes and more than 25 have already signed up. Last year's event attracted almost 70 athletes and more than 100 spectators.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 5 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 6 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 10 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
Early entry is encouraged to guarantee a place, as interest is high. Team entries are also available.
The Tear Jerker is part of the Scott Tri Series of events, which allows participants to compete in seven races across the UK, with the aim of deciding the British Off-Road Champion.
Athletes can enter online at www.thetearjerker.co.uk and can also enter the series at www.xtriseries.co.uk.